Contactless is the latest payment technology. It allows you to pay without swiping or inserting your card to the terminal - making it quicker to pay for smaller, everyday purchases.
How does it work?
1. Contactless is automatically activated once you have completed your first Chip & PIN transaction either at a Poin of Sale terminal or at an ATM.
2. Contactless payments can be made in shops worldwide wherever you see the Contactless symbol.
2. You can make purchases of approximately 25,00 € and under, without having to enter your PIN. Please note that the maximum value per transaction can vary from country to country.
3. The retailer will enter the amount and, once you confirm it is correct, you simply tap your card on the terminal when it is presented to you.
4. Once the point of sale terminal confirms your payment, the transaction is complete. You may ask the retailer for a receipt.